1. Since our move it’s taken me weeks and weeks to find the Scotch tape. It’s been an Indiana Jones and the Holy Grail quest, complete with late night box digging expeditions.
2. Forget pedicures or haircuts or new clothes. Sometimes therapy is the best treat you can give yourself.
3. I’ve learned that Jane’s hair has a mind of its own. In the morning it wakes up and yells, “WOW. I FEEL GREAT. I’M GOING TO STAND UP AS BIG AS I CAN, FOR AS LONG AS I CAN, ALL DAY!”
4. No matter how bad my day, no matter how hurt my feelings, all is right with the world when Jane sidles up to me and sings Itsy Bitsy Spider, or as she pronounces it, “It Bit Pidoo.”
5. It’s tough working and being on my own with Jane at nights. But we’re getting the hang of it. Sometimes. Maybe.
6. Sometimes I get so sad thinking about not having another baby. And then Jane sleeps for 12 hours and I think, “No, I’m good. Really good.”
7. Next week is the season finale of Downton Abby. I wanted to have a watch party complete with fancy dresses and tea, but then I remembered it’s Sunday night at 9:00 and I have a standing date with a bowl of ice cream and my pajamas. I’m so American.
8. Angela’s birthday is coming up. She would have been 38. A lot of you ask about Bryan, and I don’t think he’d mind me telling you, he’s engaged. She’s a wonderful, warm, creative woman who treasures him, and treasures Angela’s sister and mother. I cannot say enough good things about her. I know Angela is looking down, and happy.
I also think she really approves when Jane crosses her arms, looks me square in the eye and says, “Nuh, Mommy. Nuh.”
Angela always approved of strong minded women.