If I do say so myself, this was a success. And it was easy. Which meant a happy time in the kitchen tapping my foot to Rosemary Clooney instead of throwing pots around and yelling, “Why can’t I cook like a normal person? What’s wrong with me? NEVERMIND, don’t answer that question.”
(Thanks for giving me baby-step recipes Mom)
2 medium Granny Smith apples
1 (8 count) package of refrigerated crescent roll dough
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease 8 inch square baking dish.
2. Peal/core apples. Cut each apple into fourths. Un-role and separate crescent roll dough.
Wrap each apple section in a crescent roll. Place in dish and sprinkle with cinnamon.
3. Combine butter, sugar and orange juice in a medium sauce pan. Bring to boil. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over dumplings. Sprinkle with pecans on top.
4. Bake 30 minutes or until crust is golden and beginning to bubble and apples are just tender when pierced with fork.
5. To serve, spoon some syrup from baking dish over dumpling. Serve over vanilla ice cream.