The Next Chapter

In a few days we fly to New York to start a life together, all three of us, under one roof. After so much distance, and traveling, and phone calls, we’re more than ready for the next chapter.

I never expected to have this. I never expected a second chance at life and love. I never expected to meet a man who completely and totally swept me off my feet, who is honorable and keeps his promises, who loves my daughter, who is my friend,  and who I admire and respect. I never expected any of this, but I can’t help but feel that it’s all an incredible gift from God. I am thankful. More thankful than anyone can know.

My talented sister Rachel took our wedding photos, and I’ll be posting more later along with her information (if you’re in the Lansing area and need a photographer, she’s your gal). But I think this picture is my favorite. It sums up what’s happening next. All of us together, holding hands, going into the next chapter.

But for now I’m waiting just a little longer, and longing to hold my husband’s hand again.

1. lauramccannell@gmail.com says:

Congratulations!!!!! I’ve followed your blog since you were first decorating your first home and I wish you nothing but the best of everything!!!! Congratulations!!

Sent from my iPhone

2. goosefairy says:

You got me all choked up at work. Beautiful picture, beautiful sentiments, beautiful life. So very happy for the three of you.

3. Heidi says:

So beautiful! The picture just captures the journey to your new life perfectly and all the joy the 3 of you have. Looks like it was an elegant, intimate and very love and happiness filled day! Congratulations!

4. Karen from Clinton, North Carolina says:

I have recently rediscovered your blog after a time away. And I am happy to say that I have spent the past few hours (no shame in admitting that!) catching up with your posts. Your writing has the ability to make me think about circumstances differently, see everyday experiences with fresh eyes, and laugh out loud. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I am very glad for you for the place you are at in your life and hope that you continue to write your observations about it!

5. Mary Lynn says:

Beautiful picture, beautiful family. Looking forward to pictures and the next chapter. I am glad you found happiness. You deserve it.

6. Danette Nickell says:

Congratulations Liz! I have been a silent follower of yours for years. I have laughed, cried right along with you. I have cheered you on (silently) for this next chapter in your life. I look forward to your upcoming post in the next chapter of your life. I personally feel that 2nd chances at life and love are the BEST!